Toys'R'Us, Inc. Toys R Us and Babies R Us Seasonal Cashier in ALLEN, Texas
At Toys“R”Us, Inc., we’re on a mission to be the best toy and baby retail company in the world! And that means we are laser-focused on delivering joy to kids of all ages, while providing our customers outstanding value and service whenever, wherever and however they choose to shop with us.
But we can’t do it alone. We need everyday “superheroes” to help us succeed.
Whether you’re an enthusiastic toy collector, gaming guru, grandparent (or mom, dad, aunt, uncle, godparent) of some pretty awesome kids, student or someone looking for a fun place to work, then we’re looking for you!
Join more than a team – become part of the “R”Us family and help bring huge smiles to the faces of kids everywhere. To learn more about who we are and what we’re all about, visitToysrusinc.com or check out ourYouTube channel to hear straight from the source – our valued Team Members themselves!
To operate cash registers in a store, process Guest payments, bag Guest goods, and do related work as required.
- Guest service. Smile and engage every Guest. Address all questions and inquiries by Guests. If asked a question that they cannot answer, will locate the appropriate subject expert to further help the Guest. Obtain Guest’s phone number upon check-out (explaining Guest delight survey, if necessary). Ask Guest about shopping experience and suggest add-ons (e.g., batteries). Interacts with Guests of all ages.
- Operates cash register and verifies purchase price. Identify and locate UPC codes on items, correctly scan codes, and obtain assistance for price checks when a price code is not readable or is missing.
- Packages Guest goods. Packages a Guest’s goods unassisted and place goods in the Guest’s shopping cart.
- Processes Guest payments. Accurately process all forms of Guest payments accepted by the store, including cash, store credit, checks and credit cards. Payment processing duties include counting cash and making change, use of electronic credit card receipts, verification of Guest identification for checks, communication with Guests to obtain identifying information (such as driver’s licenses), recordation of Guest information on checks, and communication with store manager for authorization on checks over $100.
- Retention and execution of tasks. Able to learn to perform all essential job functions at an acceptable level with minimal supervision within 3 weeks.
- Ability to read price tag information, ability to read English language sufficient to read Guest checks, Guest identification and similar written materials.
- Basic English language writing skills for completion of payment processing, Guest checks and void paperwork on void transactions.
- Basic mathematical skills, including addition and subtraction, necessary to verify cash register functions and make change.
*Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Toys"R"Us, Inc.! Stay connected with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube @ToysRUsCareers.*
Job Function: Store Team Member
Primary Location: USA-TX-Allen
Brand: Babies 'R' US
Req ID: 81830