Toys'R'Us, Inc. Assistant HR Business Partner in JOLIET, Illinois
Accountable for supporting all Human Resources functions within the facility. Handle associate relations issues (work performance, conflict resolution, discipline, etc.) and advise an appropriate course of action including essential documentation, referrals, and/or counseling. The hours of the position will vary to include split shift, nights and weekends
The environmental requirement of the position consists of working indoors in an average office environment 80% of time and in a warehouse environment 20% of time. Depending on location and time of year, there may be extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced. Average noise levels within the office environment; noise level within the warehouse are within normal decibel level. However, no personal protective equipment is required
Key Tasks and Responsibilities * Responsible for the coordination of day-to-day Human Resources Department functions. * Responsible for the coordination of all recruiting practices. (Permanent, Seasonal, and temporary labor) * Assist HR Manager by providing information regarding associate relations issues. * Coordinate with HR Manager to plan and implement associate relations functions and continuous improvement efforts. * Provide HR staff and Distribution Center Management team with information, assistance, and guidelines needed to comply with company policies, procedures, federal and state employment laws, and E.E.O.C. regulations. * Work on special projects and develop initiatives to improve workforce quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Management, Communications or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Specific technical training such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Engineer, etc.
- Minimum of 2-4 years Human Resources experience.
- Previous experience working in a distribution center or manufacturing environment
- Must be able to maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse.
- Could be asked to provide physical activity including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), and walking (up to 80% of day).
- Could be asked to operate equipment found in a distribution center environment including, but not limited to material handling equipment.
- Able to use office equipment including, but not limited to, phone, keyboard, monitor, and calculator.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills both in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications Proficient in analytical, math, problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Bi-lingual skills in English/Spanish a plus.
Job Function: Human Resources
Primary Location: USA-IL-Joliet
Organization: Distribution Center
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81918