Toys'R'Us, Inc. Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Operator-Turret Truck/Order Picker/ Reach/ Triple & Double Pallet Jack in MIDLOTHIAN, Texas
** Seasonal Material Handling Equipment Operators
*Certification required and/or verification of skills
*Applicants must have experience operating a Turret Truck, Order Picker, Reach Truck, and/or Triple/Double Pallet Jack.
General Purpose: A Material Handler safely operates material handling equipment to perform various warehouse operations for loading, unloading, storing and retrieving products and materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Move Merchandise: Operate hand jacks and/or Material Handling Equipment experience in operating MHE such as hand jacks, forklifts, reach’s, order pickers and turrets to remove merchandise to the next designated department.
- Safely loads, unloads, moves and stacks product using a forklift or other material handling equipment.
- Properly utilizes a warehouse management system and maintains appropriate work documents.
- Safely picks, wraps, counts, weighs, inventories or tags products and materials.
- Safely loads outbound freight; receives inbound loads.
- Properly stages material within designated areas.
- Correctly inspects material handling equipment and performs basic maintenance to ensure safe operations.
- Properly inspects trailers prior to loading or unloading freight.
- Maintains the cleanliness and order of work areas.
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality are job requirements.
- The ability to get along with others and consistently promote a positive team environment.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their assigned duties when necessary.
Follows all safety procedures on a consistent basis
duties and responsibilities
Label Cartons: Correctly label each carton or pallet with correct identification label.
- Verify Product: Operate VT/LRT terminals to assist in identification and receipt acknowledgment using keyboard/scanner.
- Build Pallet: When receiving, arrange and place cartons onto pallets to correct Ti x Hi specifications (pallet count). When picking, stack cartons on pallet up to a height of 6 ½ feet.
- Responsible for Properly Stacking and Cubing Pallet (Manual Distribution Center only): Lift cartons off tray/chute, and stack cartons on pallet up to a height of 7 ½ feet. Pallet must be properly squared.
- Shrink Wrap/Tape all Completed Pallets: Secure pallets with shrink wrap/tape to keep cartons from falling while merchandise is being transported.
- Seal Totes: Place tamper-proof tags on totes with security merchandise.
- Identify Splits: Identify an incoming merchandise pallet so that the radio frequency system or receiver can indicate the proper split.
- Split Full Pallets: Pick the quantity of items described on the terminal or receiver to the correct store pallet by moving the pallet with hand jack or power equipment across the staging rollers and placing the carton on the designated store pallet.
- Top Load Merchandise: Hand stack merchandise on top of pallets to fill available space on trailer, up to 7 ½ feet high to ensure fully cubed trailer.
- Record Shipping Documentation: Record seal, trailer, door, and store number onto shipping log.
- Clean: Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Safe Procedures: Maintain safe work practices as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Loss Prevention: Responsible for taking steps to detect common signs of theft and other security issues involving co-workers and to promptly communicate potential problems to Distribution Center management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand the English language in order to interpret carton vendor markings to properly breakdown merchandise.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication, necessary for counting cartons and calculating specifications (pallet count).
- Ability to grasp, bend walk, lift and move cartons up to 75 pounds.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to shrink wrap/tape a pallet from top to bottom by holding a cylinder of shrink wrap/tape and walking around a pallet up to a 6 foot height.
- Ability to safely operate all Material Handling Equipment (certification required) including, but not limited to, the following:
- a. Pallet End rider/walkie/EPJ b. Stand-up Forklift / Reach / Order Picker c: Sit-down Forklift (clamp)
- Understanding of MHE dynamics (center of gravity, load centers, lift heights, name plates, and factors that affect stability).
- Ability to work in job functions in heights up to 35 feet/ 5 stories high.
- Ability to transport oneself throughout the entire Distribution Center.
Job Function: Operations Employee
Primary Location: TX-Midlothian
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81995