Toys'R'Us, Inc. DC Inbound Department Manager in Mt Olive, New Jersey
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Supervise, direct, train, and develop associates, including providing frequent and constructive feedback.
· Communicate departmental/company standards, expectations, goals, changes, and policies to associates.
· Monitor, maintain, and develop specific, executable strategies to improve product flow, productivity and quality within the department. Analyze workload and adjust staff accordingly to accomplish departmental/building goals.
· Contribute to and support all company and building programs and initiatives. Work with other managers to achieve overall shift and building goals.
· Maintain and enhance overall associate relations and job satisfaction through effective communication, fair and consistent treatment, respect for the individual, and establishment of clear expectations and accountability. In an effort to improve overall performance, may be required to administer disciplinary action in a fair and impartial manner as necessary.
· Ensure associate safety through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and by promptly addressing potential hazards.
· Bachelor's Degree in Management, Logistics, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
· A minimum of 2 years management experience
· Management/Supervisory experience required
· Previous distribution center experience a plus
· Specific technical training (i.e., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Engineer, etc.)
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite
· Proficient communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and math skills, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills
Toys"R"Us is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Toys“R”Us recognizes that its team members are its greatest asset and is committed to developing high-performing, highly engaged and diverse talent. The company offers various employment opportunities, ranging from internships to top management positions at the company’s Global Resource Center in Wayne, New Jersey. In addition, job seekers can explore positions at Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores and distribution centers coast-to-coast.