Toys'R'Us, Inc. Assistant Store Manager - Stockton, CA in STOCKTON, California
- Responsible for Front End and Back of House Operations. Provides guidance and direction to store team in the areas of guest satisfaction, associate development, inventory control, human resources, safety, loss prevention and expense control, so that the store may operate as efficiently and profitably as possible.
- Accountable for financial results, operational metrics, operational standards, and human resource management for their areas of responsibility. Develops and maintains highly efficient operational systems and processes for the store. Ensures the continued fiscal success of the store, as well as the satisfaction of its guests and associates.
- Maintains open lines of communication to ensure a steady flow of information and the timely completion of required initiatives in accordance with Company SOP.
_Key Tasks and Responsibilities_
- Provides training to Department Supervisors and associates on key elements for the Front End and BOH areas as stated on the Routine Action Plan.
- Provides continuous feedback to associates by recognizing and rewarding successful performance and addressing performance-related problems.
- Administers associate evaluations and wage increases in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all accounting/cash accountability procedures. Payroll functions.
- Maintenance and accuracy of Sales Improvement System (SIS); Manager Not-on-Floor (NOF) and floor capacity numbers; 100% bay audit completion.
- Oversees all store direct receiving.
- Supervises all pricing and signing (MDSL) activities throughout the store.
- Responsible for total store maintenance, including interior, exterior, equipment and grounds.
- Acts as a role model of appropriate loss prevention/risk management behavior and ensures associates are effectively trained in these areas.
- Conducts monthly loss prevention and safety assessments, alarm and fire door tests.
- Motivates associates, fosters teamwork and champions change when it occurs.
- Works with Store Manager and other store management on the development of an integrated store initiative/activity plan.
- Supervision and follow-up with other departments in Store Manager's absence
_Requirements_ * Retail management experience. * Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. * Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. * Leads and directs the work of others.
Job Function: Store Management
Primary Location: USA-CA-Stockton
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81649