Toys'R'Us, Inc. Coordinator, Customer Service - Corporate Escalations in WAYNE, New Jersey
Toys R Us is relentlessly striving to be the best toy and baby retail company in the world and to do that, we need dedicated Customer Service professionals who are passionate about providing exceptional Customer experiences.
As a Coordinator, Corporate Escalations, you will be responsible for handling escalated contacts transferred fromvarious channels that will include phone, email, U.S. mail, chat, social, etc. The majority of the Customer contacts have been directed to some member of Toys R Us Senior Leadership team and must be handled with extreme confidence and care, within very aggressive timelines (same day resolution).You will need to have strong empathy and de-escalation skills to ensure a high-level of customer service is provided as well as critical reasoning and sound judgement to identify and partner with internal business teams to obtain necessary information to create resolutions and with the Customer Services team to provide feedback and recommendations for improvement to policies, procedures and services. This role reports to the Assistant Manager, Corporate Escalations and must work independently and within a team.
Position Description * Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the Toys R Us organization and with our 3rd party services provider. This is including but not limited to the ability to communicate professionally with clarity both verbally and in writing for documentation, conveyance of customer information, customer escalations and updates. * Ability to work with vendor and/or internal partners to resolve or improve repeated/known issues impacting the Customer experience. * Be involved in seeking out and implementing best practices in regards to customer escalation situations/concerns * Ability to actively and effectively weigh cost of an issue vs. cost of a resolution and make appropriate decisions for how to proceed * Responsible for ensuring that Toys R Us standards are upheld with regard to quality interactions to include but not limited to regular calibration sessions and feedback with the Corporate Escalations Assistant Manager and in partnership with the third party provider. * Participate in training sessions or store visits/interaction to ensure the customer experience is captured and understood. * Completes work assignments and priorities in Contact Center Operations * Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity * Enhances customer engagement and collects customer feedback * Identifies root cause solutions for Toys R Us Stores and Toysrus.com issues * Resolves escalated store merchandise, online orders, and customer issues (for example, check debt recovery, site-to-store orders, out-of-stock items) * Provides and advises management of entry-level Contact Center agent opportunities
- 2 years of experience in complaints processing, preferably in the retail/digital industry
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to innovate
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Aggressive, persistent, and inquisitive personality
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Comfortable in a metrics environment and receiving regular coaching for Improvement
- Takes ownership and manages the resolution of all contacts assigned
- Ability to identify and handle highly-escalated issues (legal, injury, etc.) and resolve accordingly
- Acknowledges receipt of contacts, logs them accurately and on time in the Customer Service contact tool and notifies appropriate parties promptly
- Investigates all actions on accounts subject to complaints, looking for compliance issues & opportunities for improvement & coordinates work of others investigating such matters
- Manage escalated complaints workflow and status updates
- Resolves issues or provides explanation to complainant & responds to client, partners or others as necessary within time restrictions
- Facilitates root-cause analyses of complaints and participates more broadly in development of action plans to improve compliance and customer experience and reduce risk as needed with the Customer Service Continuous Improvement team
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance
Job Function: Guest Services
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81785