Toys'R'Us, Inc. Director Customer Service Operations in WAYNE, New Jersey
General Description/Primary Purpose The Director of Customer Service Operations leads multiple functional area teams in all aspects of customer service training, quality assurance, continuous improvement, social media service, corporate escalations, and tier 2 agent oversight. This position works cross functionally to determine strategies, implement initiatives, provide specialized consulting to leadership (EVP Global Store Operations & Executive Director Customer Experience), support Marketplace Leadership, and drive flawless execution leading to superior customer experience.
* Lead and develop three high-performing functional teams totaling 15-17 professionals. One team is technical, responsible for Continuous Improvement; two teams are non-technical responsible for Training & Quality, and Customer Contact.
* Oversee the effectiveness, productivity, and quality of Customer Service operations.
* Design and oversee system development of five business systems including Epiphany, OC7, Tantacom, Sprinkl, and PBC.
* Manage Management Payroll expenditures of $1.36M.
* Manage multiple projects and be accountable for individual and department results.
* Advise and influence Marketplace leadership (RVPs to SMs) in operational aspects of Customer Service.
* Improve customer experience through programs and initiatives that drive seamless service experience between the marketplace and the Customer Service Operations contacts. External Leadership * Develop and manage Vendor Partnership programs with three 3rdparty vendors including Sitel – Calls, LivePerson – Chat, and Sprinklr – Social. * Effectively manage 40 Sitel CCP agents for tier 2 escalations. * Effectively Support 300 Sitel agents annually, and 900 Sitel agents seasonally. Training & Quality Leadership * Drive and embrace change across the Customer Service team. * Identify and communicate necessary changes across the organization. * Direct supervision and development of: Manager, Training & Quality with three Coordinators. * Training content, delivery, knowledge base updates, and continuous training. * Direct and effective working relationship with 3rdparty call center provider (Sitel). * Design development and implementation of all training assets to Call Center team for train-the-trainer, new hire, recurrent training, and all program launches with customer facing impact. * Delivery of high energy, high quality training through multiple learning methods to maximize retention and effectiveness. * Lead training practices and techniques related to sales, retail, and customer service support. * Deliver top quality performance and execution of Sitel’s call center agents, with attention to detail in driving improvement. * Call calibration, spot-check monitoring, tracking and acting on call center performance against SLAs and customer perception, while driving necessary change to produce desired outcomes. * Develop and maintain procedural documents, quick hit help guides and consistency training to ensure all agents understand and follow defined procedures in the same manner. * Identify top talent to serve as SME trainers/facilitators. Ensure content is relevant, accurate and meets business objectives. * Align closely with partners to develop training timelines that meet organizational needs. * Plan, organize and execute train-the-trainer sessions. Continuous Improvement Leadership * Direct supervision and development of: Manager, Continuous Improvement with two Coordinators. * Set processes in place that deliver positive performance trends, plans and tactics by improving standards. * Establish program measurements, and provide regular updates to leadership for return on investment. * Analyze survey feedback and customer data to determine effectiveness of programs. Make recommendations for and implement continuous improvement as warranted. Deliver annual evaluation of program, results, and modifications for senior leaders. * Conduct needs analysis in the marketplace. Customer Contact Leadership * Direct supervision and development of: Manager, Customer Contact with three Assistant Managers and five Coordinators. * Develop and manage quality scoring calibration process and sessions. * Ensure agent’s customer interactions exhibit key attributes vital to outstanding service, such as: greet, empathy, respect, pace, tone, active listening, appreciation, and closing.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of management, training experience with at least 2yrs designing and creating training programs/content, preferably in the retail service industry.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer contact a strong plus.
- 3-5 years of management and team leadership.
- A passion for customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing, innovative environment.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching, mentoring and training.
- Exceptional motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
- Ability to effectively communicate with remote teams, vendors, business partners and senior leadership.
- High aptitude for new technical processes and computer programs.
- Proficient in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- 15-20% travel required.
Job Function: Guest Services
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81434