Toys'R'Us, Inc. Director Digital Product Management- Checkout in WAYNE, New Jersey
Reporting into the VP, Head of Global Product, this role is responsible for leading a team of Senior Product Managers to define and execute the short- and long-term product roadmaps supporting our North America ecommerce platforms and digital customer experiences with a focus on customer checkout. This is a critical position that will be establishing feature set priorities, developing product roadmaps, collaborating with business owners across functions, and partnering with engineering and delivery. This role will build and grow a dedicated product team to meet current and future needs, as well as provide people leadership and team development.
The ideal candidate can effectively engage with both engineering and business leaders to create a strategic product roadmap. A strong track record of building and bringing innovative consumer-facing digital products from within either (or both) an agency environment or digital product and consumer-centric technology company is critical. You look for the opportunity and enjoy collaborating and influencing across a diverse organization while leading your team in driving product roadmaps and detailed product requirements across a diverse set of portfolios, channels and product categories.
• Develops and maintains the North America digital product portfolio supporting all digital device types including desktop, tablet and mobile with a focus on customer checkout. This also includes enhancing, optimizing and innovating on the customer experience related to managing their accounts, order history and other areas in the customer journey related to this area of the purchase funnel.
• Lead the effort to drive checkout funnel conversion optimization.
• Inform product roadmap with the quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (a/b testing).
• Build strong relationships with finance and legal teams.
• Partner with business leaders to prioritize potential product investments, enabling the team to focus on the subset of initiatives that will drive the largest return on investment for Toys”R”Us.
• Define the product roadmap and clearly articulate it to cross-functional partners.
• Supports the digital portfolio for all consumer facing digital solutions.
• Provides leadership, motivation and hands-on direction to their team of Senior Product managers.
• Cultivate a fast-moving, results-driven culture that also prioritizes continued learning.
• Recruit top talent and invest in their success.
• Execute the entire digital Product Lifecycle from concept through business requirements, launch, and optimization.
• Responsible for the development of business cases that support segment and business needs.
• Responsible for generating detailed business requirements, epics and user stories.
• Manage project plans and handle projects with aggressive time frames and assure that goals, budgets and deadlines are met in partnership with engineering and delivery.
• Drive the customer-centric research process for defining the product feature set and user experience.
• Leverage a strong understanding of technology to collaborate with IT partners to build scalable, extensible solutions that deliver on the product requirements.
• Develop ideas and solutions to meet existing and evolving business and product goals.
• Evangelize and socialize the digital product roadmap to a global cross-functional stakeholder team.
• Translate business goals into functional digital strategies and tactical digital product ideas.
• Ensure that digital products meet and exceeds goals.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Requires initiative, flexibility, innovation and team focus to drive success.
• Make sound prioritization judgments.
• Use problem solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact.
• Develop solutions to new and complex needs/issues.
• Possess strong leadership skills and serve as a senior leader for consumer facing digital initiatives.
• Work to influence and conduct cross-functional projects - some with remote resources.
• Requires close working relationship with other departments in the company as well as external contacts.
• Monitor competitors and industry trends, work with in-house analysts to develop metrics, interpret data, devise corresponding market strategies, and present recommendations to business leaders.
• Develop, support and prove/disprove hypotheses using quantitative and qualitative techniques.
• Clearly presenting research results and recommendations using various software applications.
• 15 years of experience in product / project management in a complex environment with multiple constituencies with at least 10 years specifically in the eCommerce / Digital space; BA required (MBA strongly preferred)
• Strong people leadership with ability to effectively communicate between business leaders and tech talent pool
• Strong understanding of current retail trends and best practices.
• Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed.
• Ability to simplify highly complex technical problems or barriers into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats to enable solution and trade-off decisions
• Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trends
• High level of analytical and negotiating skills as evidence by high intelligence, strong financial and analytical capabilities and the proven ability to develop, sell and drive suitable partnerships, alliances, or other transactions to closure
• Demonstrates a sense of calmness under periods of uncertainty or change while dealing with stress in a manner that sets the necessary tone for the team and function
• High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
• In-depth knowledge of payment technologies, including: Apple Pay, Paypal and various wallets
• Prior Omni channel experience managing complex checkout use cases
• Experience developing a best-in-class ecommerce experience
• Experience developing digital product for desktop and mobile
• Experience creating products for International users
• Skilled at defining and prioritizing product ideas
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Ability to collaborate well with business, engineering and design teams
• Success working within an agile development team
• Strong, deep working knowledge of digital analytics and understanding of data science principles
• 10-12 years managing and leading other team members
• Background in UX, design or software development
• Experience building for both iOS and Android
• Experience with Jira, Sketch, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and AB testing platforms
• Experience with launching native mobile apps
Job Function: Digital eCommerce
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81590