Toys'R'Us, Inc. Manager, Customer Service Technology, Systems & Information in WAYNE, New Jersey
Incumbent will be responsible for the overall enterprise-wide operation and management of customer service systems and technology programs as well as managing and driving the customer service intelligence and reporting. Includes the development and management of all technology and systems that power the customer service, specifically call center, operation.
Responsible for establishing, managing, and maintaining strategic relationships with internal customers and external vendors related to customer service/call center tools and technology as well as any customer-facing impact created by any tool or system within the organization. Perform as a liaison between Customer Service (CS) and the end-users of these tools/systems to define and establish service and support requirements. Lead the gathering of business needs through direct interaction with business owners, and are proactive in understanding business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the team, and the short-term and long-term direction of Customer Service, the Organization and technology. Search for and identify sources of technology advantage and look for opportunities to anticipate and satisfy changing internal and external customer needs. Function as internal consultant in developing and improving/automating business processes and productivity, applying developments in technology to business systems. Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications for the CS organization and manage changes to such specifications.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, collaborate with CS and IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible. Analyze and determine the operational and financial impact of new product and service offerings. Take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration. Align CS resources and processes in order to meet the organization’s needs. Regularly communicate with business unit(s) and vendors.
Oversee the day-to-day operation of critical systems that drive the contact center to include; management and support of the CRM system, management and support of the IVR (telephone) system, management and support of the many programs and services that drive the effectiveness and functionality of the contact centers. Works closely with external vendor partners and key business partners within the organization to constantly review and update systems according to company direction.
- Identify opportunities to use technology to impact Customer Service strategy and performance. Identify sources of advantage and look for customer opportunities that anticipate and satisfy changing customer needs. Identify new product and service offerings, which may create unique, innovative and high-value customer solutions.
- Facilitate a continuous planning process. Work with business owners to manage and prioritize product and service portfolios. Analyze potential solutions to estimate value to the organization and return on investment (ROI). Advocate for technology needs of the Customer Service team.
- Communicate technology strategy, plans and status to the business community. Provide information to CS Leadership about customer plans, opportunities, and needs. Manage customer plans and expectations.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Understand the business processes and challenges as well as information/technology capabilities and assess client needs. Work with the business owners to define and validate system requirements. Prepare functional specifications and system design specifications that can be used by CS to build solutions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Develop governance agreements with business owners. Define and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLA). Measure customer satisfaction and CS effectiveness with the business owners and vendors.
- Develop and implement recommendations for improvement. Work with CS to resolve problems and improve service levels.
- Be the liaison between CS and the business owners, technology teams and support teams.
- Work with CS to develop implementation plans for new products and services and communicate them to business owners and vendors. Identify business owner technology training needs. Coordinate with training group regarding the delivery of training programs.
- Build CS’s understanding of the business and help to educate the business about emerging technologies
- Build and/or maintain CS generated reporting and tracking including system up-times and agent-level data
- Manage all Customer-Facing Work/Issue Tickets, providing continuous updates and root cause analysis that drives to up-stream improvements
- Ability to manage individuals and provide meaningful and effective direction, holding subordinates accountable for performance and accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
- Travel as needed; up to 25%
Required Skills: * Strong customer service orientation * Must have significant business knowledge and close familiarity with technology used within the business unit * Builds both formal and informal professional relationships. Maintains and extends relationships within, across and external to organizational boundaries * Obtains and shares information, ideas and problems * Applies knowledge of the customer's functions and processes to develop business case and business requirement documents. Assesses the benefits of recommended solutions. * Effectively expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions orally and in writing. Listens attentively and reinforces words through body language and tone. * Ability to understand a business unit’s needs and translate needs into CS/IT specific requirements. * Uses an understanding of business functions and available technology to analyze and propose technical strategies for the business. Assesses benefits and risks. * Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement. Encourages prudent risk-taking, exploration of alternative approaches, and organizational learning. * Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words. Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty. * strong understanding of customer service related technology including use of CRM systems, IVR systems * Strong working knowledge of store and Internet retail operations and Toys "R" Us business processes * Brings discipline, vision and solid analytical thinking to the team * Flexible and able to handle multiple responsibilities and competing priorities. * Extremely creative in working around problem/obstacles with charisma and great interpersonal skills. * Ability to manage and lead teams in an effective and efficient manner * Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management as well as with outsourced vendors * Aptitude to do research to bring unique and realistic solutions relating to guest satisfaction Ability to manage projects and work with cross-functional teams * Oversee the development for monthly reports of actual results vs. budget Education:
- Bachelors Degree (focus in Computer Science, Management preferred)
- Typically requires 4-6 years of relevant customer service technology and business work experience.
Job Function: Guest Services
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81579