Toys'R'Us, Inc. Senior Product Manager – Mobile Apps in WAYNE, New Jersey
Overview: The Senior Product Manager – Mobile Apps is passionate about building digital experiences that customers love. Reporting into the Director, Head of Innovation & Mobile, you will join a dynamic environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, roll-out, and optimize products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
This dynamic product manager will continue the transformation and evolution of our mobile app experiences. This involves significant collaboration across marketing, merchandising, store operations, IT and other stakeholders to define and build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on customer research and industry trends.
Tasked with building and leading a team supporting Product Mangers, this role is focused on delivering product enhancements that support our global product and innovation strategy. This role will manage several product managers, external 3rd party partners, internal communications between the development, operational, marketing and technology delivery teams, as well as the delivery of all elements associated with the program to ensure successful product launches and continued optimization.
* Demonstrated ability for understanding app product strategy – take strategy direction and drive product initiatives from inception through execution
* Deep understanding of iOS and Android ecosystems in order to maximize each channel
* Passion and understanding for customer shopping experience, data, quality and stability
* Prioritize work flow and ensure we are maximizing velocity and ensuring successful delivery within agile team * Champion the needs of the customer * Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work-streams through: prioritization, planning, task delegation, and working with peers * Develop business cases to support new product recommendations, work closely with team on requirements to translate roadmap into well-defined user stories, support day to day activities involving user story development and managing the product backlog * Develop metrics to measure success of product features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations * Ability to quickly identify critical decision points and potential issues and provide solutions, articulate business and technical implications/trade-offs, and make recommendations to project and executive leadership team as needed
The Following Should Describe You:
- User-centric view of design. You have strong instincts and opinions, but believe that the best solutions come from observation and iteration. You can balance commercial goals and people goals.
- Work well with people. An important part of the role is working closely with customers, User-Experience and Interaction Designers, engineers and business stakeholders to develop and deliver experiences that are successful for users and the business.
- Technically literate. You understand your medium and rely on best-practices to build the best solutions for web.
- Good storyteller. You are comfortable organizing your thoughts and findings; you can prepare that information and share with others.
- Curious, learner. You are confident in what you know, but stay objective based on learnings. You can admit what you don’t know and are excited to continue to grow.
- Ability to develop agile epics, themes and user stories to support business requirements
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process
- 10-12 years of experience as a product manager or business analyst supporting consumer facing digital solutions
- 5 years of experience with supporting development of native mobile apps
- Experience with user acceptance testing (UAT), usability testing, and A/B testing
- Extensive understanding of retail ecommerce landscape
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies, design and execution
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodology a
- Knowledge of site analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Ability to work independently to diagnose problems, analyze issues, identify and evaluate options and communicate results clearly with a focus on improving process and quality results
- Self-motivated, resourceful and creative mindset
- Systematic and organized methodology
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize independently
- Team player and consensus builder
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
Job Function: Digital eCommerce
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
Job Type: Standard
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Brand: Toys 'R' US
Req ID: 81907